Using the Online License Portal
The License Portal web interface is a convenient tool where you can manage your non-USB Isadora 3 license(s) and customer information. (Isadora 1 and 2 registration information cannot be used with the online License Portal or to activate Isadora 3.)
Please note that at this time the License Portal cannot be used to view or manage Isadora 1, Isadora 2, USB Key, or Sassafras licenses. We are investigating the possibility of developing an updated legacy version of Isadora 2 that can use the new licensing system so that the management of Isadora 2 licenses can be integrated into the License Portal (and so that Isadora 3 licenses can be used to run licensed copies of Isadora 2 for legacy projects).
While Activation and Deactivation can be handled directly in Isadora 3 for both offline and online computers, the License Portal is useful when you do not have direct access to your previously activated computer(s). For example, should you need to activate your Isadora 3 license on a new computer after replacing a computer, (or on the same computer after re-installing your operating system/replacing some of the internal hardware), you can use the License Portal to deactivate your Isadora 3 license on your old system so that you can activate your Isadora 3 license on your new system.
You can use the License Portal to:
- Recover your License ID and Activation Password for Isadora 3 license(s)
- Change your customer contact information associated with your Isadora 3 license(s)
- View and manage details about the computers on which you have activated your Isadora 3 license(s)
- Deactivate your Isadora 3 license on a machine you cannot access so that you can activate it again on a different machine
You can access the License Portal from your web browser at the following URL: https://secure.softwarekey.com/solo/customers/
You can also access the License Portal by opening Isadora 3, going to the menu, and navigating to Help > Go To License Portal...
Managing Your Customer Information
Your email address is used to link all Isadora 3 purchases, subscriptions and rentals together in the License Portal. It is important that you confirm your email address in the License Portal before making any new purchase, subscription, or rental so that your licenses will all be associated with the same customer account (Customer ID).
Furthermore, your email address is the best way to recover your Isadora information should you lose your Isadora License ID and Activation Password, and/or your Customer ID and Customer Password.
Remember, your Customer Login ID and Password are not the same as your Isadora License ID and Activation Password!
- Your Isadora License ID and Activation Password are used to activate Isadora.
- Your Customer Login ID and Password are only used to access the License Portal.
If you find yourself unable to log into the License Portal, you can use the “Forgot your password?” link to retrieve all your information by providing the email address you used to purchase Isadora 3 (or the email address associated with your license if it is different from the email address used for the purchase). You should then receive a secure email containing your customer and license information almost immediately. If you do not see an email come in after five minutes, please check your spam folder. If there is nothing in your spam folder, please check that you provided the correct email address.
Deactivating Isadora using the License Portal
To remotely deactivate Isadora from the License Portal:
1. Log in to the License Portal using your Customer Login ID and Password
2. Click the “Licenses and Activations” button
3. You will see a list consisting of your Isadora 3 licenses:
4. Choose the Isadora 3 license you want to manage by clicking either the License ID or Product Name. You will see the following page:
5. This shows your current license information, including your License ID and Activation Password, date of issue (and expiry, for rentals and subscriptions), as well as the number of remaining activations.
6. To deactivate an Isadora license on any given computer, click the “Manage Installations” button.
7. You’ll see a list of installations. Click the red “X” to deactivate a machine. A confirmation dialog will appear to confirm your choice.