Isadora 3.1 USB Key version requires the latest USB key drivers from Thales, the company that manufactures the USB key. If your USB key contains firmware older than v3.25, your USB key may no longer work if you upgrade to the latest drivers from Thales. This article tells how to find out your USB key's firmware version, and what to do if it is v2 or earlier.
WHY HAS THIS ISSUE OCCURRED?
To be able to make Isadora 3.1 compatible with Apple silicon (ARM/M1) computers, we needed to move to the Apple silicon compatible drivers from Thales, the company that manufactures the key. Unfortunately, these most recent drivers do not support keys with firmware older than v3.25.
We must support Apple silicon (M1/ARM) computers because it is the future of the entire Apple line. If you have an older key, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience. But, in the end, we had no choice but to make this move.
HOW TO FIND OUT THE FIRMWARE VERSION OF YOUR USB KEY
The first step is to find out the firmware version of your key. To do this, simply click on the following link: http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html. Your browser will open the "Sentinel Admin Control Center" to the "Sentinel Keys" section. In this window, you'll be able to see the firmware version of your USB key.
- If the firmware version is v3.25 or later, your USB key will work fine with the new drivers. Please skip to the section labeled Download the Latest USB Key Drivers below.
- If the firmware version number you see is less than v3.25, please take a screenshot of your browser window so that you can send it to us in the steps below.
- If your browser shows a message saying that the server could not be found, then it is likely that the USB key drivers are not installed. Please follow the instructions in this support article to install the drivers. Then, try the steps above again.
- If after installing the drivers your browser still shows a message saying that the server could not be found, then please open a ticket with us and let us know.
I HAVE A USB KEY WITH FIRMWARE OLDER THAN V3.25 - WHAT DO I DO?
Isadora 3.1 and Later: If you want to work with Isadora 3.1, then you have two options.
- Option 1: If you are happy to switch from the USB key license to a perpetual license, we will do so at no charge. Please open a ticket with us, attaching the screenshot you took above, and we will get you set up.
- Option 2: If you wish to stay with a USB key license, then you need to contact us so we can determine the best path for you based on which key you have and what firmware it uses. To start this process, please open a ticket with us attaching the screenshot you took above.
Isadora 3.0.8f12 and Earlier: If you want to continue working with Isadora 3.0.8f12 or earlier, then you should not upgrade your USB key drivers. The ones you have currently installed on your system will continue to work as they have in the past.
DOWNLOAD THE USB KEY DRIVERS
Important! Only install the latest USB key drivers if you have read all of the information above!
Here are the links to the latest USB key drivers from Thales
Download the USB Key Drivers for macOS (Intel / Apple silicon)