Many troubleshooting issues can be resolved by deleting or resetting the Isadora Preferences.
You can quickly reset the Isadora Preferences in Isadora 3 and later by choosing Isadora > Reset Preferences (macOS) or File > Reset Preferences (Windows) from the menu. A confirmation window will appear. Click OK to reset the Isadora preferences, then relaunch Isadora.
On previous versions of Isadora, follow these steps:
- In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder…
- Enter this text: ~/Library/Preferences
- Find any files that start with the name “Isadora Prefs…” and move them to the trash
- Empty the Trash
- Download the file windows-delete-isadora-preferences.zip
- Unzip the file
- If you are logged in as the administrator of the computer, then double-click the resulting batch file “Delete Isadora Preferences.bat”
- If you are not logged in as the administrator, right-click the “Delete Isadora Preferences.bat” file and choose “Run as Administrator…”
- When the script completes, the preferences are deleted.
Windows Option 2:
- If you are logged in as the administrator of the computer.
- Open C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\TroikaTronix (where YourUserName is your Windows username)
- Delete the *.izp file which name corresponds to the Isadora version you are running. For example, 'Isadora Prefs 2.6.1.izp' is used by Isadora 2.6.1