While we do our utmost to keep Isadora crash free, it can happen in rare circumstances. Follow the steps below to get a crash report to us so we can dig in and find out what's happening.
Under macOS, crash reports are not automatically sent to us. However, you can use the attached AppleScript ("get-recent-isadora-crashes-scpt.zip) to automatically gather the most recent crash reports and compress them into a .zip file on your desktop. To use the script,
1) Unzip the attachment below and double-click the resulting file "get-recent-isadora-crashes.scpt."
2) Click the triangle icon at the top left to run the script.
3) The script will ask you how many crash reports to gather. Three is the default, but you can set this to a higher number if you like.
4) Enter your last name and first initial as requested, i.e., "duncani" for Isadora Duncan.
5) When the script is finished, you will find a new .zip file on your desktop. If you don't already have a support ticket open on this topic, please create a new support ticket and send us this .zip file as an attachment.
Under Windows, we use a system called CrashRpt to automatically send us information that will allow us to analyze the problem. If the CrashRpt window appears, it is very important that you enter your email address so that we can respond to your issue. It is also very helpful if you enter a description of the crash as requested, as it will help us solve the problem faster.
CrashRpt will automatically upload the information we need to debug your problem to our website. If possible, please let us know the date on which this crash occurred so we can locate your report more efficiently.
Additionally, unsent crash reports can be found at: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports
These folders can be zipped and attached to associated support tickets. Since these files can become very large it is important only the latest reports for the specific Isadora version being used be included in the Zip file.