TroikaTronix Support Policy
Complimentary Email Support
TroikaTronix provides complimentary email support to Isadora users who have an active, up-to-date Isadora license.
Our team offers troubleshooting for users working with Isadora 2.6.1 or later regarding installation, license activation, license registration (USB key), configuration, connectivity, error messages, and unexpected or unresponsive interactions so long as the user is running Isadora on supported hardware.
If you are experiencing an issue with the software please contact us via our support ticket system with a description of the problem. We will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
For the purposes of our support policy, we define a known issue (aka, a bug) as a specific, discrete case that can be addressed by isolating its origin to a reproducible cause.
What Our Team Will Do When You Contact Us With A Problem
- Determine if the issue can be resolved by updating Isadora, your operating system, or another piece of software (such as a hardware driver). As appropriate, we will help you obtain and install these updates.
- If a known troubleshooting solution is available which matches your issue, we will provide links to support articles, tutorials, manual references, e-mail instructions, or other documentation to help you resolve the problem.
- Attempt to identify if your computer hardware or equipment is the cause of the issue, or determine whether the issue is caused third-party software. However, TroikaTronix is unable to provide further support for hardware issues or issues caused by third-party software.
- In the event, we determine that the problem is caused by a verified, but currently unresolved issue, we will:
- Notify you that the problem is caused by a known issue (see above), including documentation we have describing the issue where appropriate.
- Notify you as soon as we develop a fix, including instructions on how to install a support patch as soon as it is available.
- If possible, offer an alternative solution or workaround while we work to resolve the issue.
We cannot provide support in the following cases:
- You are using Isadora on an unsupported operating system.
- Isadora 3 runs on Windows 10, macOS 10.11.x (El Capitan), 10.12.x (High Sierra), 10.13.x (High Sierra), and 10.14.x (Mojave).
- Isadora 2 runs on Windows 10, macOS 10.10.x (Yosemite), 10.11.x (El Capitan), 10.12.x (Sierra), and 10.13.x (High Sierra).
- Isadora is not supported on virtual machines, Linux, and systems which use non-Apple hardware to run macOS (“Hackintoshes”).
- You are using computer hardware five years old or older, or computer hardware which does not meet Isadora’s minimum system requirements.
- Your system uses an eGPU or tablet device such as the Microsoft Surface Pro. As Isadora has not been extensively tested with this equipment, our team is not able to assist with troubleshooting these systems.
- We determine the issue is caused by a hardware equipment or compatibility issue (such as a defective part, a computer hardware not equipped to handle the resolution/number of simultaneous channels of video playback, capture, and/or output that your project requires).
- Due to the wide range of configuration options available on PCs, it is not possible for our team to test Isadora with every possible piece of computing hardware to ensure compatibility and optimal performance. For this reason, we recommend PCs users carefully research their options prior to purchasing a custom PC system for the purpose of running Isadora.
- We can attribute the issue to third-party hardware or software that is not supported by TroikaTronix.
- We determine that the issue is caused by the way in which you built your project and/or the use of media in a suboptimal format.
- It is not always possible for us to completely review your Isadora project and associated media. Due to the programmable and flexible nature of Isadora, resolving some issues may require revising or rebuilding your project or reformatting the media you are using.
TroikaTronix does not provide complimentary consultation or support via telephone or voice chat. However, at the sole discretion of a TroikaTronix Team Member, TroikaTronix may ask to consult with you via voice or video chat application, such as a telephone call or Skype to resolve an issue.
Older Versions of Isadora
Many issues are resolved by updating Isadora. Our team supports Isadora 2.6.1 or later.
We cannot provide support for users working with older versions of Isadora, however, we will show you the best practices for updating and migrating your projects to the latest version of Isadora.
Updating Patches with Numerous CPU-Based Plugins
Please note the process of upgrading some legacy patches to the most recent version of Isadora will involve replacing many older, inefficient CPU-based video actors with their newer, GPU-based counterparts. This will be fairly labor-intensive. For this reason, extensive use of CPU-based video effects is discouraged in general; they perform poorly and, in some cases, we’ve had to remove certain CPU-based video effects from the program entirely because it was no longer possible to support them.
Isadora 3 and Old 32-bit Plugins
It is also important to understand that Isadora 1 and Isadora 2 are 32-bit applications and that Isadora Patches created in Isadora 1 or 2 that rely on 32-bit third-party FreeFrame (FF), FreeFrameGL (FFGL), or custom Isadora plugins will be be difficult to transfer to Isadora 3, which is a 64-bit application and therefore does not support 32-bit plugins.