What to Do if Isadora Crashes on Startup
In rare situations, Isadora may crash when you switch from preview stages to full-screen stages. Here are the two most common causes of this behaviour.
Windows: Video Card Switching Is Enabled For Isadora
Laptops will often have both an integrated video card as well as a dedicated high-power video card. In an effort to save battery life, the operating system will switch between these two devices dynamically. Isadora can become unstable when automated switching is enabled. You will need to set Isadora to use only the dedicated high-power graphics card in cases where switching is a problem. This solution article will guide you through this configuration. Windows: Laptop Configuration of Integrated (Onboard) and Dedicated Graphics Cards for Isadora 2 and 3
Windows: Disable Nahimic Audio Drivers if They Are Installed
On some computers the Nahimic Audio drivers are installed by default; often using older, out-of-date versions. These drivers have caused problems for a wide range of applications, even non-audio applications like Microsoft Office.
Commonly found on PC gaming systems, the drivers stop Isadora from opening Isadora Stages' full-screen on external displays. Most commonly this audio service is preinstalled on MSI and Alienware laptops, but it may be installed on other PCs.
If you are experiencing this issue, please search your running processes in Task Manager (ctrl + shift + esc) for the word 'nahimic '. If you find it listed, you will need to uninstall the Nahimic audio services.
Often, disabling the Nahimic Audio Service will solve the problem.
To disable the service, please do the following:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog, type services.msc in the dialog and press the OK button to open the Windows Services manager.
- Look for anything in this list that has the word "Nahimic" in it. (Press "n" after the window opens to quickly jump to the the first item in the list that starts with 'n'.)
- For each item you find with Nahimic in it, right-click the item and choose Properties from the menu.
- Fnd the word Startup Type in the General tab of the Properties window that opens.
- In the drop-down menu next to Startup Type, choose Disabled.
- After doing this with all the Nahimic items, reboot your computer and try to open Isadora again.
In some cases users have reported having to do a more complete uninstall of the Nahimic software.
This Reddit Guide outlines how to remove the software on MSI machines, but the steps will be similar on other systems.
If you are unable to uninstall the Nahimic services please create a support ticket and we will do our best to help you with the configuration.