Summary: A two part session, with an introduction to managing multiple displays/projectors followed by an introduction to creating generative visuals using Isadora's 3D Particles actor.
This session is designed for Isadora users of all levels.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Before you begin, please download the materials and finished patch for both parts of this session.
PART 1 : INTRO TO THE STAGE SETUP EDITOR
Watch Part 1: The Stage Setup Editor (10m59s)
In the first part of this stream, we start by covering the basics of the Stage Setup editor, which is a new feature as of Isadora 3. This important addition allows for greater flexibility and control of how images are routed to video projectors and/or displays. In this segment of the session, you'll learn how to:
- Add stages and link them to external displays
- Use virtual stages and additional output features that allow you so you can route video to external applications or devices.
Written Tutorial to Accompany this Session: Isadora 3: Quick Start with Stage Setup
PART 2: INTRO TO 3D PARTICLE SYSTEMS
Watch Part 2: Basic Particle Systems (47m00s)
In the second part we cover the steps required to create a basic particle system using the 3D Particles actor. You'll learn:
- To add 3D Particles actor, to move the Isadora's 3D "camera" to make them visible, and to start generating particles.
- How to change the position of the particle using the Mouse Watcher or one of Isadora's generator actors
- The importance of using interesting textures to bring the particle system to life
Questions or Comments? Need Help?
- Visit the forum post for this session.
About the "Guru" Sessions: Each session is a recording a live broadcast in which Isadora's creator Mark Coniglio takes you on a "deep-dive" into one of Isadora's many features.