Is your USB key compatible with the newest drivers?
If you upgraded your USB key drivers recently and your key stopped working, please perform the following test.
- Plug your USB Key into your computer.
- Go to http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html. The "Sentinel Admin Control Center" should appear.
- If your browser shows a message saying it could not connect to the server, then the USB key drivers are probably not installed. Remove the USB key from the computer and install the drivers found under "Related Downloads" on our "Get It" page. Then start again at step 1.
- Select "Sentinel Keys" from the menu on the left. (It should be selected by default).
- Check the "Actions" column on the far right to see what it says.
- If it says "Sentinel Key Version Not Supported" in red text or if the firmware version number you see is less than v3.25, your USB Key is not compatible with the newest drivers. Please go to step 5 below.
- If it does not have this red text or does not show up in this list at all, then your USB Key may be broken and you should follow the instructions in this support article.
- Please open a new support ticket and send us a screenshot of the results on the website.
Identify your USB Key
All Isadora USB Keys have the letters ZOMKQ written on them. The text will be printed on the USB Key (not embossed). If your key does not show these letters, then it is not your Isadora USB Key!
If the red light (LED) on the USB Key does not illuminate when you plug it into a computer, this usually indicates that the drivers are not installed. To download USB Key Drivers please:
- Go to our Get It page.
- Find "USB Key Driver (Required if you use a USB Key)" in the "Related Downloads" section.
- Click on the Mac or Windows symbol to right (as appropriate for your operating system).
- Download and install the drivers.
- Restart your computer.
Red light but still in demo mode?
The first time you use the USB Key on any given computer, you'll need to enter a special six-line registration code. These six-line registration codes are emailed when a new USB key license is purchased, when an upgrade for a USB Key License from an older version of Isadora to the newest version of Isadora is purchased, or when a Crossgrade is purchased to convert an Isadora 2 Standard Edition for Mac/Windows License or an Isadora 3 Perpetual License to a USB Key License. For Isadora 3, the same six-line registration code will work for both Mac and Windows. Please follow the steps outlined in this support article to register your USB Key on a new computer.
Still no red light?
If a red light does not illuminate after installing the most recent drivers and restarting your computer, then the USB Key itself might be damaged. This is quite rare unless the key has been physically damaged. If you think your USB Key might be broken, test it by trying the USB Key license registration process on a different computer. If the USB Key light still doesn't turn on, please follow the instructions in this support article.